For the pastry slices:
- 16 sheets of 30 x 80 mm filo pastry sheets
For the coffee cream custard:
- 500 ml double cream
- 100 g sugar
- 20 g cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons decaffeinated soluble coffee
- 4 egg yolks
- Icing sugar to sprinkle
- Pastry: On a baking tray, spread out the filo pastry sheets and brush with melted butter. Overlap them four by four and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 14 minutes.
- Coffee cream custard: Heat the cream with the sugar until it boils and then turn off the stove. Mix the cornstarch, soluble coffee and egg yolks in a pan until they form a creamy, smooth mixture. Add the double cream and stir over low heat for around 10 minutes. Let the cream cool and then insert into a piping bag with a round nozzle.
- Presentation: With a large sharp knife, cut the filo pastry sheets into rectangles. Cover the first rectangle with the coffee cream, using the piping bag, and place another filo pastry rectangle on top. Cover with more coffee cream and continue until you have 3 layers, finishing with a final layer of filo pastry. Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy!